Greg is the Founder of Kayak Waveology in Connecticut USA in 2005, a sea kayaking specific training company. www.kayakwaveology.com
Based in New England USA, Greg is a BC/UKCC L3 Performance Coach & AWE. British Canoeing Provider for the Sea Kayak Leader award, Personnel Performance awards, and Safety Award CNTP. As well as an ACA Level 5 Advanced Water Coach. (Aspirant Advance Sea Kayak Leader assessor and Moderate Water Coach Educator).
Greg grew up around the waters of the New England coast line USA. After paddling open canoes for years as a youngster, He really didn’t discover ocean paddling until after graduating from Civil Engineering school in 1989. Greg is a frequent visitor to many places in the world for sea paddling. Whether it is for coaching or expeditions. Some his favorites are Anglesey N. Wales, Isle of Man, Scottish Western isles Outer Hebrides and the Roof of Scotland, Tierra del Fuego Southern Patagonia Chile, Down East Maine, Costa Brava Spain, Canadian Maritimes/ Bay of Fundy and Ireland. During the summer months you can find him running his coaching and adventure sports company Kayak Waveology. (web site www.kayakwaveology.com) Working performance and BC courses on Rhode Island surfing beaches and in his local Tidal Race waters in and around Fishers Island Sound, USA.
As a highly regarded performance coach in a few sport disciplines, Sea kayaking and Telemark skiing. Greg has had the pure enjoyment of coaching and inspiring thousands of folks in their chosen sport discipline around the world. Known for his calm and patient manner, Greg has a way of challenging people to do things they didn’t think they could do. He has always enjoyed passing on his gained knowledge as a sea kayaking coach and guide. Observing his work and watching people grow into their skills, knowledge of the environment they work in, working safely, and reaching their goals. This fact alone keeps him growing, motivated, and advancing in his coaching studies.
Greg’s boats of choice are the Explorer and Romany Surf. The Explorer for big water and heavy weather, a great do everything boat. The Romany Surf for rock hopping and surf work. Favorite paddle is the Celtic 700 pro range one-piece 208cm crank shaft at 60-degree feather. When flying abroad, same paddle but a four-piece set up.
Paddle Sport Credentials:
- Awards: Voted Best Kayaking School In the North East, Sea Kayaker magazine 2012 -2015.
- Organizer of the Autumn Gales, rough water symposium.
- International Coaching experience. BCU coach at the following international events. Anglesey N. Wales (SKUK), Isle Of Man, Spain (Pagaia), Canada, Bay Of Fundy, and Chile, Southern Patagonia.
- BCU 5 Star Sea, 2006
- ISKGA. Advanced Guide / Trainer (provisional). International Sea Kayaking Guides Association
- Wilderness First Aid & CPR since year 2000
- UKCC Level 3 performance paddle sports coach 2016.
- BCU Advanced Water Coach. Endorsement 2014.
- BCU Coach 4 Sea, 2008
- BCU 4 Star Assessor, 2013
- BCU Coastal Navigation and Tidal Planning Provider, 2016
- ACA Level 5 Advanced Open Water Instructor, 2006
- BCU 3 Star Open Canoe, 2013.
BCU Course Provider
- BC Personal Performance and Leadership awards in Sea Kayaking
- BC Coastal Navigation and Tidal Planning.
- NATO, Advanced Telemark Skiing Instructor. Knows a thing or two about Telemark Skiing in the back country powder stashes for the last 30 years.
- PSIA Telemark Ski Instructor. Level III, 2014
- PSIA DCL Team Member, Telemark, 2018
- Director of Telemark skiing, Bromley Mt, Peru VT, 2014. "The oldest Telemark school in North America"