- This event has passed.
South West Ireland. The Mighty Blasket and Skellig Islands.
July 7 - July 15$2500.00
Back for 2018, the rugged South West Coast of Ireland.
Looking to Explore the coastline around the mighty Blaskets and Skellig Islands the jet out into the great Atlantic on the South West coast. Large cliff and cave lined exposed coast lines make for challenging and wild place to paddle. So we hope you can join us.
Will have a base of operations in a large cottage in Country Kerry, Town of Glenbeigh. Just a few minutes walk to get into town with pubs and shops.
We will plan to have a few field nights out on the Blaskets Islands providing we have a weather window. To spent time with sea caves, huge cliffs, sea otters, Atlantic Puffins of a sheer density scale, and other sea birds like Guillemots, razorbills, fulmars, kittiwakes and maybe whales.
We have 5 paddling days scheduled. These dates are Monday July 9th -Friday July 14th. However, if everyone arrives early could squeeze in an extra local day on the water to warm up those skills or have a hill walking/climbing day. This day could be Sunday July 8th.
Our lodging home base of operations is available from Saturday July 7th - Saturday July 14th. We do get into the area early and also stay around later, so if your keen on hanging with us as we do other activities on arrival or departure your welcome to do so.
"Registration is still open". One spot for a lucky paddler is open!
Deposits will hold you spot and final payments are due by April 1, 2018. Please use the Pay pal link below.
We are excited to paddle this stretch of the Irish coast line and we tend attract a solid group of like minded paddlers that have joined our expedition trips in past years. We look forward to showing and exploring this part of the world with you.
- Local Knowledge guides and BC coaches from SKUK (Nigel Dennis & Eila Wilkinson) and Waveology (Greg Paquin & Paula Riegel).
- Use of your favorite NDK Sea kayak (Explorers, Romany’s, Romany Surfs, Latitude, Pilgrim Expeditions, or even Greenlander Pros).
- Surface Transportation from Shannon to our destination and return, and to daily paddling put ins, and out and about.
- Mini Bus daily Surface Transport to various put kayak put ins.
- Sleeping accommodations at a quaint and large County Kerry cottage. Most meals cooked in with some dinners out. Breakfast and lunches will be made at the Cottage, as we need to be quick to get on the water in the morning.
- Possible nights camped out in the field. This based on the group and destinations to explorer.
What’s additional, you can pay this when your there?
- Some dinner’s out, for fancy affairs.
What are you responsible for?
- Your round trip airfare to Shannon Ireland airport.
- Sleeping accommodations in Shannon around arrival and departing times.
- Travel Insurance. We can help you find this. INEXT is great.
- Your personal paddling kit, 4 -5 BCU Level. (Don’t bring your flare’s on the plane).
- Compressed sleeping bag and small tent or bivi, just encase we sleep out.