Greg is the Founder of Kayak Waveology in Connecticut USA in 2005, a sea kayaking specific training company. www.kayakwaveology.com
Growing up in New England USA, I’ve always been drawn to the waters of the North Western Atlantic coast line. After paddling open canoes for years as a youngster, I really didn’t discover ocean paddling until after graduating from Civil Engineering school in 1989. I have many years of absorbing tons of technical information from by self discovery, and formal training, in both Civil/Marine Engineering and from the seat of a Sea Kayak, and I enjoy passing on this gained knowledge as a sea kayaking coach and guide. I’m a frequent visitor to many places in the world and these are some of my favorites Anglesey N. Wales, Isle Of Man, Scottish Western isles Outer Hebrides , Tierra del Fuego Patagonia Chile, Down East Maine, and the Canadian Maritimes/ Bay Of Fundy. During the summer months you can find me working Kayak Waveology courses on Rhode Island surfing beaches and our local Tidal Race waters here in Eastern Long Island Sound USA.
As a highly regarded performance coach in a few sport disciplines, Sea kayaking and Telemark skiing. I have had the pure enjoyment of coaching and inspiring thousands folks in there chosen sport discipline around the world. This brings me great gratitude and happiness to watch people grow with there skills, knowledge of the environment they work in, and working safely. This fact alone keeps me growing, motivated, and advancing in my coaching studies.
Paddle Sport Credentials:
- Awards: Voted Best Kayaking School In the North East, Sea Kayaker magazine 2012 -2015.
- Organizer of the Autumn Gales, rough water symposium.
- International Coaching experience. BCU coach at the following international events. Anglesey N. Wales (SKUK), Isle Of Man, Spain (Pagaia), Canada, Bay Of Fundy, and Chile, Southern Patagonia.
- BCU 5 Star Sea, 2006
- ISKGA. Advanced Guide / Trainer (provisional). International Sea Kayaking Guides Association
- Wilderness First Aid & CPR since year 2000
- UKCC Level 3 performance paddle sports coach 2016.
- BCU Advanced Water Coach. Endorsement 2014.
- BCU Coach 4 Sea, 2008
- BCU 4 Star Assessor, 2013
- BCU Coastal Navigation and Tidal Planning Provider, 2016
- ACA Level 5 Advanced Open Water Instructor, 2006
- BCU 3 Star Open Canoe, 2013.
BCU Course Provider
- BCU 2 Star – 4 Star ( BC Sea Kayak Leader), skills and leadership awards
- BCU Coastal Navigation and Tidal Planning.
- NATO, Advanced Telemark Skiing Instructor. Knows a thing or two about Telemark Skiing in the back country powder stashes for the last 30 years.
- PSIA Telemark Ski Instructor. Level III, 2014
- PSIA DCL Team Member, Telemark, 2018
- Director of Telemark skiing, Bromley Mt, Peru VT, 2014. "The oldest Telemark school in North America"